Make Mini Trees for a Craft Display
Bunch a handful of Q-tips® cotton swabs together and secure with glue to create trees for miniature set design projects. Keep all white for a snowy holiday look, or paint green paint on one end of the cotton swabs bunch and brown on the sides.
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Acrylic paint
- 100+ Q-tips® cotton swabs and/or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ (depending on number of trees desired)
- Gather together Q-tips cotton swabs and separate into groups of 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 swabs.
- Cut group of 4 cotton swabs at the base of the cotton tip. Set aside.
- Cut group of 6 cotton swabs slightly lower than the base of the cotton tip. Set aside.
- Cut group of 8 cotton swabs slightly lower than the previous group. Continue until you have 6 groups of swabs, each group slightly longer than the next.
- Glue the 14 cotton swab tips to the bottom of a full-length Q-tip cotton swab, in a circle around the base of the swab.
- Glue the 12 swabs closely in a circle above the ring of 14 cotton swabs.
- Continue until you have reached the top of the full-length swab, ending with the ring of 4 cotton swab tips as the top of the tree.
- Spray with glitter or paint tree as desired. Make trees for spring, summer, fall,and winter by using different colors for the leaves.